COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS & DISCLAIMERS
For the health and safety of our clients and staff, we ask that you do not book an appointment, or reschedule if you aren’t feeling well or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Superficial ModSpa has restarted all nostril and oral piercing services! Online booking is not currently available, please reach out to the studio at (781) 803-3160 to schedule a piercing or jewelry change. Your health and safety remain our number one priority.
Consent Form Completion
All clients will complete an in-person, written consent form for each & every appointment (This includes piercing procedures, jewelry changes, and even follow up visits)
Please arrive for your appointment at the time scheduled and have your photo ID and any other necessary documents ready for check-in.
Due to Board of Health regulations, we are unable to take clients without the appropriate identification and documentation.
See the Identification Info & Age Requirements below for more information.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- We ask that you when you arrive, wait in your car & please call us at 781.803.3160, and our Guest Experience Experts will take it from there!
- If you are running late, please call us so we can adjust our schedule accordingly to ensure you are still seen. If you are more than 10 minutes late, there is no guarantee we will be able to honor your appointment and you are subject to cancellation fees.
- If you're bringing a guest to your appointment, please let us know ahead of time so we can be sure the studio can accommodate.
- Children are NOT allowed in the studio unless they are having a scheduled service done.
- We have hand sanitizer dispensers available that you may use upon entry.
- We accept CASH, CREDIT, DEBIT, or GIFT CARDS. Tipping is available via card and is always appreciated.
- To reduce possible points of contamination in the lobby, we kindly request no loitering or waiting in lobby area, no touching of cases or jewelry, observation of 6-feet social distance guidelines, and no handshakes or hugs.
IDENTIFICATION INFO & AGE REQUIREMENTS
Anyone 18 years or older must provide a government issued identification.
We accept a valid drivers license, permit, state ID, passport, or military ID.
If you are unsure if your identification will be accepted, it is best to call Superficial ModSpa ahead of time 781.803.3160
MINORS (AGES 17 & UNDER) MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY
THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN* NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER
The following documentation and identification must be present upon EACH AND EVERY VISIT! (this includes but is not limited to piercing procedures, jewelry changes, follow up appointments etc.)
1. Parent or legal guardian’s government issued ID
2. Minor’s government issued ID, school ID, or the minor’s most recent year book
3. Minor’s original or certified FULL LENGTH birth certificate showing the minor’s full name, date of birth, and parents' full names.
* In the situation of a legal guardian, we require legal documentation or court papers as proof of guardianship.
**IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS IN REGARDS TO OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENTATION OR ARE UNSURE ABOUT ANY OF OUR AGE RESTRICTIONS, IT IS BEST TO CONTACT ONE OF OUR GUEST EXPERIENCE EXPERTS DIRECTLY BY CALLING SUPERFICIAL PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- It is always a good idea to eat and make sure you are well hydrated before having any procedure done.
- It is recommended to not consume alcohol, blood thinning medications or foods, for 24-48 hours prior to getting pierced.
- Please be mindful about the clothing, makeup, and accessories you wear that may effect the area to be pierced. For example, if you are getting a navel piercing, we recommend wearing sweatpants or yoga pants instead of high-waisted jeans which will irritate the freshly pierced area.
- Please let us know during booking if this is a repierce or if there is abnormal scarring in the area.
- If you are getting your nipples pierced (females), it is recommended to wear a clean sports bra after the procedure as most agree the pressure feels best on your new piercings.
- Please let us know if you have inverted nipples as Joey PriXx’s correction techniques involve more time & require an assistant for optimal results.
- After getting pierced, common side effects may include (but are not limited to) bleeding, bruising, swelling, redness, and irritation.
- If you are piercing an area you shave regularly, it is recommended to shave beforehand as your new piercing will hinder the ability to shave.
- If you've recently had a surgery, medical procedure, or other injury, we recommend waiting a minimum of 6 weeks from the procedure/injury date so as to not overwhelm your body's immune system. It is also recommended to consult your surgeon/physician for their approval before moving forward with a new piercing.
- Because the risk for infection is highest in the first 6 weeks of having a new piercing, it is best to hold off if you are going to be traveling, swimming, flying, etc. in the near future. Before fully submerging the new piercing in a bathtub, pool, jacuzzi or any body of water, It is recommended to wait a minimum of 6 weeks - if not the entire healing process.
- Our professional piercers will NOT pierce anyone who is pregnant, or thinks they may be pregnant - We WILL change & remove your jewelry for you though :)
- Our professional piercers will NOT pierce or assist anyone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.